Safe ways of having unprotected sex preventing transmission

Hi Dr. Frascino, I have a question for you. Is it true that having unprotected sex in the shower (hot water running) and using soap helps decrease the risk of transmitting HIV. I am the top in our relationship and want to know if HIV is hard to transmit in hot water and when using soap. I know essentially safe sex is always a must but I have topped my partner before without the use of condom in the shower and wanted to inquire if such activity is a very risky behavior and to what level of risk. Thanks for your time in answering my inquiry.

Well, shower sex can be hot, but without a condom, it is not safe. In fact, unprotected sex in the shower is no less risky than unprotected sex in other locations bedroom, dining room table, backseat of your car, airplane bathrooms at 33,000 feet, on your jealous boyfriend's desk at work . . . OK, maybe that last one is more risky than the others, but not because of possible HIV transmission!

Unprotected sex (with or without the sudsy water) is a risk for STD's, including HIV. Testing 3 months after your last "rub-a-dub-dub" shower sex-capade would be recommended.

Stay safe (even in the shower) and stay well.

Does anyone test positive?
HIV & Analingus