Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sex inside the bathtube !!! PLEASE give an answer to Brazil !
Oct 6, 2003

Dear Doc, First of all, I would like to thank you for your time in reading my question and concerns ( sorry for this bad english !). I am a man,and I had sex with another man recently. My concerns are : 1)We did oral sex ( He was wearing a condom and I was not - he did not wanted me to ).2) after that, we masturbated each other 3)After ejaculation, we went to a bathtube together and masturbated again there. Am I in a risk of HIV because I was inside that water with his semen? I am VERY WORRIED and I want to know (according to your experience ) if I need to be tested in 3 months. This happened yesterday !!!! PLEASE BE SO KIND TO ANSWER ME ! I DO KNOW YOU HAVE THOUSANDS OF MESSAGES PER DAY, BUT PLEASE HAVE MERCY WITH THIS STUPID BRAZILIAN MAN !!! THANKS AGAIN !!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Brazilian-guy,

What's a "bathtube"? Sounds like fun!

Relax Brazilian Guy; you were not stupid at all. Even if there were "Rub a dub dub, three men in a tub" all spunking up the water, there would still be no HIV risk. I see no cause for concern whatsoever. Should you get tested? Only you can decide that. From what you told me, all I can say is that you did not place yourself at significant risk for HIV.

Now get out of that tub (or tube) and start Samba-ing!

Dr. Bob

Previous
CDC says anal warts and oral sex mean HIV. PLEASE HELP DR. BOB!
Next
please post Dr (x-file)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.