u are the only one who can answer..i promise donation
Oct 5, 2003
Hi Dr. Rob
How are you? You are my last hope. I am 30 yr old, married with one daughter. You might have given the answer for same concern many time. I have also gone through all posting here about the oral sex. Please answer my question here. I would really be very grateful. See my fate, i feel i am going to die. Five weeks back, I had a protected oral sex with a hooker. She gave me a bj. I didn't know about the type of condom at that time. later from my doctor, i came to know mostly it is latex. As far as i remember, the condom was intact and there was no blood. Atleast, i did not see any. It has been 5 week after my exposure.
1. 3rd week after the exposure, i had rashes on my chest. It would appear in small patch and would move to different location in day or two. The previous location, it would fade away in 1-2 day. I went to the doctor and he told me it is due to some allergy.
2. End of 4th week, i had mild fever for two day and after that i have develop sore throat. Now i have sore throat for last 5 days. I started taking Cefadroxil antibiotic for last two day and it has improved now.
3. 5th week, i took a Elisa some ECi test and i got a negetive.
4. It is 5th week now, i have observing weight loss of around 2kg. My appetite has alos come down to half.
5. Today i also had one of my back muscle paining.
I would like to ask you
a. what are my chances of getting hiv?
b. Am I getting symptoms of ARS like rash, sore throat, weight loss?
I am really tense. I can not concentrate of my work. This anxiety is killing me and interfering with my office work also. I am so scared. Please answer. You are the best in world.
Thanks anxious in India
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Anxious in India,
Your problem is anxiety, not HIV.
Ask your doctor for a referral for counseling to help you cope with your irrational fears. HIV is definitely not your problem. Feel better.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.