u are the only one who can answer..i promise donation

Hi Dr. Rob

How are you? You are my last hope. I am 30 yr old, married with one daughter. You might have given the answer for same concern many time. I have also gone through all posting here about the oral sex. Please answer my question here. I would really be very grateful. See my fate, i feel i am going to die. Five weeks back, I had a protected oral sex with a hooker. She gave me a bj. I didn't know about the type of condom at that time. later from my doctor, i came to know mostly it is latex. As far as i remember, the condom was intact and there was no blood. Atleast, i did not see any. It has been 5 week after my exposure.

1. 3rd week after the exposure, i had rashes on my chest. It would appear in small patch and would move to different location in day or two. The previous location, it would fade away in 1-2 day. I went to the doctor and he told me it is due to some allergy.

2. End of 4th week, i had mild fever for two day and after that i have develop sore throat. Now i have sore throat for last 5 days. I started taking Cefadroxil antibiotic for last two day and it has improved now.

3. 5th week, i took a Elisa some ECi test and i got a negetive.

4. It is 5th week now, i have observing weight loss of around 2kg. My appetite has alos come down to half.

5. Today i also had one of my back muscle paining.

I would like to ask you

a. what are my chances of getting hiv?

b. Am I getting symptoms of ARS like rash, sore throat, weight loss?

I am really tense. I can not concentrate of my work. This anxiety is killing me and interfering with my office work also. I am so scared. Please answer. You are the best in world.

Thanks anxious in India

Hello Anxious in India,

Protected oral sex does not pose a risk for HIV transmission. Your symptoms are consistent with stress, not HIV.

Your problem is anxiety, not HIV.

Ask your doctor for a referral for counseling to help you cope with your irrational fears. HIV is definitely not your problem. Feel better.

RUSSIAN ROULETTE TOMMOROW
Drawing from the worried well again (I hope)