The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

oral transmission / escort

Mar 13, 2001

Hi, I have a question regarding contracting STD's and oral sex. I performed oral sex on a stripper for a short period of time and her vagina was dry except for my saliva. And only around the clit and upper areas, I know for a fact that she was freshly showered and clean and would like to know if my risk is high.This was a one time thing. Also she did not appear to have any sores or odd appearances.

Response from Mr. Kull

It is difficult to get HIV infected when performing oral sex on a woman. There are very few documented cases of someone getting infected when performing oral sex on a woman. Those cases probably involved poor oral health in the receptive partner and/or the presence of menstrual blood in the infected person.

Getting STDs through oral sex is a bit of a different story. Being freshly showered or clean probably doesn't have much effect on the transmission of STDs. STDs that could be transmitted through oral sex are herpes, syphilis, hepatitis B, gonorrhea, and HPV. How STDs are transmitted is complex, so please read through STD information at The Body for more detailed information on transmission, symptoms, and treatment.

If you perform oral sex on someone whose risk for infections you are unsure of, use can use a barrier to prevent oral contact with fluids (dental dam, latex condom, or plastic wrap).


bleeding gums
Shoul I marry or not??????????????

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint