Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Chopin artist needs help!!!
Oct 5, 2003

I had sex without a condom with a woman who had been a drug user three months ago, MULTIPLE times! She went and got tested, she was negative, and she has been my only partner for a year (Spent the last year as a recluse in WV). Anyway, I am really nervous now and I am certain I have neuropathy, and have stopped practicing(Piano and sex) as a result. What are my chances of not having HIV, if she tested neg. Also, I got sick two days after I tested neg. That close to seroconversion, if I were poz would it show up? The thought of Neuropathy and Lizt's Hungarian Rhapsody is driving me to madness! Madness I tell you! --Banging his head against the keys in VA.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Dear VA Headbanger,

If you tested HIV negative 3 or more months after your last possible exposure, then HIV is not your problem. If your partner has also tested negative, and she has been your only potential exposure, this is further evidence that HIV cannot be your problem.

If you feel you have neuropathy, see your doctor. He will send you to a neurologist if need be. I would guess your problem is one of being "really nervous," rather than true neuropathy.

Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody (#2) can be challenging particularly until you get the hang of the "Friska" (second section). The "prestissimo" octaves at the very end are great fun, by the way. However if you're looking for something a bit more soothing, try Liszt's Consolation in D Flat.--- and besides aren't you supposed to be a Chopin artist?

HIV is not your problem. Get back to the piano and safe sex. If I stopped both of those, I'd go mad as well!

Also, stop the "head banging." "Head banging" is reserved for Gen-Xers attending Eminem concerts.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Virus in Urine?
Next
Open cut on penis thanks to a painful zipper accident

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.