0.1 to 0.2 percent per episode???

He Doc, I am a man who is confused about something. If I have unprotected virginal intercourse w/ a woman who is HIV+ once ,its only a 0.1 to 0.2 percent per episode chance I could get HIV.????? So if I had sex 500 times with that same person it would be 100 ?

2. what is the percentage rate of straight men contracting HIV from one episode from unprotected virginal sex w/ a woman who is HIV+ ??

Thank you

I know this is a bit confusing, but your concept is not correct. Each and every exposure has the same statistical risk. So if the risk is 0.1 percent each time you are exposed, there is a 0.1 percent chance you might contract the virus with each exposure. That means you could catch it on a single exposure. Think of it like winning the lottery with a single ticket. There is some degree of chance (and luck) here. Of course winning the lottery would be good luck, and getting HIV is anything but! Hope that helps clarify things.

Dr Bob, please help suicidal teen
RE: woman to man in developed countries?