|0.1 to 0.2 percent per episode???
Oct 3, 2003
He Doc, I am a man who is confused about something. If I have unprotected virginal intercourse w/ a woman who is HIV+ once ,its only a 0.1 to 0.2 percent per episode chance I could get HIV.????? So if I had sex 500 times with that same person it would be 100 ?
2. what is the percentage rate of straight men contracting HIV from one episode from unprotected virginal sex w/ a woman who is HIV+ ??
| Response from Dr. Frascino
I know this is a bit confusing, but your concept is not correct. Each and every exposure has the same statistical risk. So if the risk is 0.1 percent each time you are exposed, there is a 0.1 percent chance you might contract the virus with each exposure. That means you could catch it on a single exposure. Think of it like winning the lottery with a single ticket. There is some degree of chance (and luck) here. Of course winning the lottery would be good luck, and getting HIV is anything but! Hope that helps clarify things.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And AIDS
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hpv After Needle Stick Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.