hand shake

I gave some cans to a homeless person that lives in my neighborhood (probably a crack-bum). He was so grateful, he shook my hand. I was skeptical about shaking his hand, but I did not want to offend him. I had a small skin peel that had a red mark the size of a pin. It was not bleeding and I'm fairly sure it was dry. I'm worried this person may have also had a cut that touched this cut. Although there have never been any cases transmitted this way, I still remained worried. Is there a scientific reason why transmission is unlikely in this scenario? Can our bodies fight off very small amounts of this virus? If Bush would fund & approve embryonic stem cell research, we would not have to worry about this disease. This seems to be the best hope for a cure. Thank you Dr. Frascino.

Yes, it would be wonderful if Bush would fund appropriate HIV research.

Apparently, we need to spend a bit more on basic HIV education as well. HIV transmission from a hand stroke??? No, no, no! Not even with your small skin peel or the "crack bum" possibly having a cut. "Scientific reason why transmission is unlikely?" Sure, but it's so basic I don't want to delve into it at the moment. Suffice it to say that we've been closely monitoring modes of HIV transmission for over 2 decades, so I'll just ask you to accept my assurance on that point, OK?

Oh, and before you write back in mosquitoes, toilet seats, lap dances, and door knobs? No, no, no, and no. OK?

So what should you do next?

1. Continue to be nice to the homeless guy. 2. Make Bush a one-term president.

Stay well.

Thank you!
Drugs that can cause false negative ELISA or viral load tests