Does the CDC representatives know what they're talking about Dr. Bob?

Dr. Bob,

I've written you many many times. Now, I know you get a ton of these things so I don't expect you to respond. Tell me this though, do the CDC representatives know what they are talking about? I recently called to ask them about the accuracy of the EIA as compared to the ELISA and they had no idea what the EIA test was and they asked me why my doctor would have that test done. I started freaking out big time b/c I call these people to hopefully answer my problems. Only thing is,they make my problems worse. So, can please tell me if a 6 month EIA test (negative results) is accurate?

The CDC hotline didn't know what an EIA was? On my, my, my . . . .

Let's hope the regular advice guy was taking a leak and perhaps the janitor picked up the phone trying to be helpful. EIA is an HIV antibody test, just like ELISA. EIA is enzyme immuno-assay; ELISA is enzyme linked immuno-sorbent assay. They test for the same thing HIV antibodies. Yes, they are equally reliable. Your 6-month negative EIA is absolutely definitive. Even the janitor at CDC should have known that!

JUST TO SAY THANK YOU
WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR A RESPONSE?