Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

JUST TO SAY THANK YOU
Sep 18, 2003

Hi Dr Bob

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you.

For the past three months I have been stressing about an encounter I had with a sex worker (hand job). Like many others I started devloping a fear that I had contracted HIV from this. Created a whole host of 'what if's...' and then got depressed thinking about it. As a result I started developing 'symptoms' and started fearing the worse.

Waiting for three months to get tested was hell. But i got back my results and surprise surprise they are negative.

This forum and your answers kept me on the verge of sanity and helped me through this. You have proven to be a thoughtful and altruistic individual which makes you a rarity. Browsing through this website I have also increased my knowledge of HIV and other STD's. This will only help me and I hope that when the situation demands I can offer advice to people who may also be worrying.

Once again thank you for everyting and I wish you the best for times to come.

Eternally grateful in the UK.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello!

"Surprise, surprise?" Who was surprised? Not me!!! And not any of the other "hand job" x-worried wells who have had identical situations!

I also hope my advice kept you more than "on the verge of sanity!!" and I further hope your comments will keep others "sane" and reasonable.

Thanks for writing, and you are eternally welcome!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Giving up on you!
Next
Does the CDC representatives know what they're talking about Dr. Bob?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.