JUST TO SAY THANK YOU

Hi Dr Bob

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you.

For the past three months I have been stressing about an encounter I had with a sex worker (hand job). Like many others I started devloping a fear that I had contracted HIV from this. Created a whole host of 'what if's...' and then got depressed thinking about it. As a result I started developing 'symptoms' and started fearing the worse.

Waiting for three months to get tested was hell. But i got back my results and surprise surprise they are negative.

This forum and your answers kept me on the verge of sanity and helped me through this. You have proven to be a thoughtful and altruistic individual which makes you a rarity. Browsing through this website I have also increased my knowledge of HIV and other STD's. This will only help me and I hope that when the situation demands I can offer advice to people who may also be worrying.

Once again thank you for everyting and I wish you the best for times to come.

Eternally grateful in the UK.

Hello!

"Surprise, surprise?" Who was surprised? Not me!!! And not any of the other "hand job" x-worried wells who have had identical situations!

I also hope my advice kept you more than "on the verge of sanity!!" and I further hope your comments will keep others "sane" and reasonable.

Thanks for writing, and you are eternally welcome!

Giving up on you!
Does the CDC representatives know what they're talking about Dr. Bob?