Giving up on you!

Hi Dr. Frascino, I hope that you have the time to help our a stupid young guy. I have been waiting for a reply for so long. I guess maybe my question is stupid, but then I see that you answer questions of people worried about getting HIV from a toilet, even I know that can't happen. I know that I should have never put myself in the situation I found myeself in, but I just need some true profession perspective. I had an encounter that I don't know if I should be tested. I just recently turned 18(OK I will be 18 in December) and I went to a party and I got really drunk and was kind of forced to perform oral sex on an older guy. It was for less than a minute until I began to really fight back. I am totally straight and really freaked out. Should I be tested, just be straight with me. I thought that I would be able to think this whole thing through and be ok. Would you be able to give me some perspective. I know that coming from you it will help. Are you willing to help?

Hi Nearly 18-year-old,

"Giving up" on me? No, don't do that. I'm answering as many questions as I can, as quickly as I can. I'm not exactly sure what "kind of forced to perform oral sex" really means, but I'm glad you fought back and did not continue doing something you did not want to do! The whole experience probably also taught you something about the risks of getting really drunk! The dude who was "kind of forcing" you is a total scumbag. Don't be too hard on yourself, OK?

Should you be HIV tested? Only you can decide that. I can only let you know that your "less than a minute" of oral sex carries an extremely, extremely low risk for possible HIV transmission. Yeah, I'd say it's "off the radar screen," and getting close (but not quite) to one of those toilet-seat questions you referred to. OK?

Hope that was helpful and worth the wait! Stay well.

Risky *protected* sex Can I whohoo(or whatever it is)
JUST TO SAY THANK YOU