Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hey Doc Bob! Better than 1 in 909,000
Sep 18, 2003

Dr. Bob

I just read today on the nbc website that the risk for a catostraphic metor strike in any year is about 1 in 909,000. trying to put things into perspective would you say these odds are probably greater than the odds of getting hiv from recieving (not giving) oral sex since there are NO documented cases since this whole thing started?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Better than 1 in 909,000? What are you, a mathematician or something? The risk of transmitting HIV from oral sex is extremely low. Comparing it to a catastrophic meteor strike really isn't all that helpful now, is it? Besides, if I post a statistic like that, the next worried well would want to know the exact odds of being bonked on the noggin by a catastrophic meteor while he was in the process of getting a blowjob.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Re:Tested Neg Lover Pos could I have passed it to him?
Next
PEP in acute infection

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.