hey Doc Bob! Better than 1 in 909,000
Sep 18, 2003
I just read today on the nbc website that the risk for a catostraphic metor strike in any year is about 1 in 909,000. trying to put things into perspective would you say these odds are probably greater than the odds of getting hiv from recieving (not giving) oral sex since there are NO documented cases since this whole thing started?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Better than 1 in 909,000? What are you, a mathematician or something? The risk of transmitting HIV from oral sex is extremely low. Comparing it to a catastrophic meteor strike really isn't all that helpful now, is it? Besides, if I post a statistic like that, the next worried well would want to know the exact odds of being bonked on the noggin by a catastrophic meteor while he was in the process of getting a blowjob.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.