For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

hey Doc Bob! Better than 1 in 909,000

I just read today on the nbc website that the risk for a catostraphic metor strike in any year is about 1 in 909,000. trying to put things into perspective would you say these odds are probably greater than the odds of getting hiv from recieving (not giving) oral sex since there are NO documented cases since this whole thing started?

Better than 1 in 909,000? What are you, a mathematician or something? The risk of transmitting HIV from oral sex is extremely low. Comparing it to a catastrophic meteor strike really isn't all that helpful now, is it? Besides, if I post a statistic like that, the next worried well would want to know the exact odds of being bonked on the noggin by a catastrophic meteor while he was in the process of getting a blowjob.

Re:Tested Neg Lover Pos could I have passed it to him?
PEP in acute infection