Sex after ejaculation

My friend called me the other night worried that he could be infected. He was with another boy that had topped him with a condom, then pulled out, ejaculated on him and then stuck it back in him for a few minutes without the condom on. This dude then told my friend that he was HIV+. My friend went to get tested 3 months after and the test came back undetermined. He is due to get retested. So why would a test come back undetermined? Hes so scared.. Thanks for your help.

The "and then stuck it back in him for a few minutes without the condom on" part is worrisome and does place your friend at risk for STD's including HIV. Since the other dude just shot a load, we can assume there was still some spunk leaking out immediately after he ejaculated. The statistical risk, because your friend's partner is confirmed to be HIV-positive, is from 0.1 to 3 percent.

An "indeterminent" result means the test can't distinguish if the person is positive or not. It does not mean he is definitely positive (or definitely negative either). Repeating the antibody test and/or getting a PCR will determine if HIV transmission has occurred or not. For now, your friend must wait for the results of those follow-up tests and hope for the best. We'll hope with him. Stay close and support him through this challenging time. We're here if you need us for additional advice.

PLEASE, PLEASE Help! I will donate!
Doctor Bob, more than accurate information alone.