Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Questions from Japanese
Sep 10, 2003

Hello!!

I'm a Japanese male living in Australia.

I performed an oral sex on a male without a condom. He didn't ejaculate. I know my risk getting infected by HIV is really low.

I'm just wondering about my oral health. If I have some oral health problems, my risk of getting infection increases. I understand that. When I brush my teeth, I often bleed from the gums. Maybe there are many people have occasional bleed from their gums. Is this what I have to consider as a bad oral health might put me a great risk of infection? I performed an oral sex about 3 hours after brushing teeth. I used antiseptic mouthwash too.

One more question. I looked through some Japanese sites about HIV/AIDS and I found they were quite out of date. That's sad as the number of HIV infected person is increasing in Japan. People need sufficient and up-dated information. So... do you have any future plans to make your website translated into Japanese? Do you think I can make my own website about HIV based on yours?

I appreciate your answer!!

Kind regards,

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Bleeding gums are quite common. Are you remembering to floss daily and see your dentist for routine cleaning and care at least every 6 months? I cannot determine how bad your oral health is over the Internet, but minimal bleeding from brushing 3 hours before oral sex without ejaculation does not place you at "great risk of infection." Your risk would remain very low. A 3-month HIV test will give conclusive results following a potential HIV exposure.

As for translating this website into Japanese, well it's certainly not in my immediate plans. I'm having enough difficulty learning to speak French! Since you already know Japanese, if you want to provide information that you learned here on another (or your own) site, you are more than welcomed to do so!

Stay well down under.

Dr. Bob

Previous
woman to man in developed countries?
Next
Could you show mercy to a Chinese student by answering the questions?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.