woman to man in developed countries?

"The virus can be spread from man-to-woman, woman-to-man, man-to-man, or woman-to-woman."

Bob, please. First of all, the one recorded case of woman to woman transmission probably involved lying on the woman's part, or it involved so much menstral bleeding that it wasn't even a normal sex act, but rather a fetishist disgusting act that only a deviant blood thirsty vampire-lesbian would carry out. Let's face it. You can't send women out scared they are going to get hiv from eating some pussy.

And woman to man transmission is clearly not something that happens in developed countries. When you swear that it happens, it really just makes me feel bad for you because the evidence is so blatent that it speaks for me. The male-gay community IS hiv in the united states. Then you have all the women who sleep with these male-gay community members (even if they are still on the hush hush about their sexuality. Then you have all those who share needles and the men and women who are peniley penetrated by the men from this needle-sharing community. Other than that, you have non-drug using men who DO NOT SLEEP WITH MEN, and this little group is HIV/AIDS free. Find me a group of 100 heterosexual drug-free men who have HIV in the United States. It's impossible, because not even 100 exist. You know it, and so do I. Those you would find for this group would consist of many effeminate lisping denialist closet homosexuals who pretty obviously "dabble." The rest might be "former" drug-users who haven't touched the stuff in years and either seroconverted late, or never got tested, or still use and aren't completely honest about it. This is not some far fetched theory of mine, it is what happens when doctors have tried to conduct studies in the past of this particular group. There are no statistics of woman to man transmissions in the U.S. because none have ever been successfully confirmed.

All people need to know is that RECEIVING semen in your anus, vagina, or even your mouth (check the options project in San Fran if you doubt that route) are at risk for contracting HIV, and of course don't share needles with anyone. And of course the risk increases if the MAN is known to sleep with other MEN, or if he is known to share needles, but one can never be sure because looks can always be deceiving.

Bob, you are one of the only docs that still pretends women transmit HIV to men in the United States, and the reason is clear - YOU ARE A HOMOSEXUAL WITH HIV. Get over it! I know the truth sucks, but it's still the truth.

I wish you well, my fruity little fudge-packer, and I think you're a good guy, but the dishonesty and the tolerance for the dishonesty is wrong. It's irresponsible, and it's stupid. I think if you really have an allegiance to the truth, you will eventually come around on this issue.

"Fruity little fudge-packer???" That is not exactly a term of endearment, but "sticks and stones . . .."

I find it quite amazing that folks like you who claim to be the most enlightened are in fact the most closed minded. Sir, you are free to believe whatever ridiculous fiction you like, but that does not change scientific fact. Worldwide there have been 65 million people infected with HIV since the start of the global epidemic. Presently, there are 44 million of us living with the virus. There were 5 million new HIV infections last year that's 14,000 new cases per day. Your claim that "woman-to-man transmission is clearly not something that happens in developed countries" goes against essentially every epidemiological study ever conducted.

Your assertion that I am "one of the only docs that still pretends women transmit HIV to me in the United States" is laughable and will come as a great surprise to virtually all HIV-knowledgeable individuals, including physicians.

You've written to me many times. Since you obviously have your set beliefs, I wonder why you bother. I'll let you get back to your fantasy world now. Don't bother writing back. I won't be posting any more of your nonsense. And as for "irresponsible and stupid," do you own a mirror?

Please help a stupid man (second time)
Questions from Japanese