nursing student needing answers PLEASE 2nd time

Hello

I have a question. I was working in a hospital and was taking care of a hiv + patient. I was not doing any iv care or direct blood contact with needles. I was concerned about blood in the stool or bowel movement. I wore double gloves and a mask that covers my nose and mouth. I am now concerned that maybe coming into contact with a splash in my eyes and not realizing it. I don't believe so but I am now paniced and worried. I was wondering what the chances are of contracting hiv this way? I have worried myself sick and can't get tested for another 2 months. Is a 3 mo. test sufficiant? I had a test done just a few days after because I was so worried and it came back negative. How long can it live in stool and what are the chances of blood being in it. The patient of course had diarhea. thanks you so much for your time and information

Hello Nursing Student,

Getting bloody poop in the eye is definitely something that you would notice. Trust me.

No, you don't need HIV testing. I realize you are still a student, and therefore have much to learn, but if you are this panicked about "maybe coming into contact with a splash in your eyes and not realizing it," perhaps nursing might not be the wisest career choice for you.

Is My Doctor Correct?
Can you taste precum?