DOC BOB what do you think..WOOHOO or not?

Doctor Bobby (Does anyone call you that?) I will keep it short and to the point. Exposure was unprotected vaginal sex with a pro (I know stupid, but I have learned my lesson). I am the male partner. I tested PCR negative at 28 days, negative via Home access (1st gen.) at 3 months, 4.5 months, and fianlly at 6 months, all negative. I was feeling great until my wife started to have a dry cough which has lasted 3 weeks. Any possible chance that I have it and infected her? Please answer this questions so I can sleep better. I am just concerned that I may be that one person who hasn't shown up yet. Please give me your thoughts. You are the best, and we love you here in NYC!

Hello NYC,

As it so happens, I'm in NYC at the moment as well. I just returned from the opening night of previews for "Little Shop of Horrors" on Broadway. Great fun! I like the ending better than what they did to it in the movie. Also had to catch the final performance of Vanessa Redgrave, Brian Dennehy, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Robert Sean Leonard in "Long Day's Journey into Night." Four hours of Broadway magic. I do so love this town! OK, enough about me, back to your questions.

Unprotected insertive vaginal sex with a woman of unknown serostatus does pose some degree for risk for STD's, including HIV. The risk of HIV transmission can be conclusively eliminated with a 3-month negative ELISA, which you had. You then had additional tests at 4.5 and 6 months, and not unexpectedly, the results reconfirmed what you already knew at the 3-month test you're HIV-negative!

So your wife gets a cough. So what? She can't contract HIV from you if you don't have it, right? It really is that simple. If your wife has a persistent cough, have her see her doctor.

Next, does anyone call me "Bobby?" -- yes, my mother . . . but not since I was 5 years old.

So take a walk in Central Park the weather is glorious here today and climb a tree. Yell, "WOO-HOO." No one will think you're strange, because, after all, this is Central Park. Right?

Stay well.

Tested Neg Lover Pos could I have passed it to him?
I'm NOT infected from receiving Oral