Can Women carry AIDS?
Aug 26, 2003
My new girlfriend says that only men carry AIDS and they give it to women, so women can only catch it not carry it. Is this true? Thanks
Response from Dr. Frascino
Nope that's not true. AIDS is caused by a virus (HIV). The virus can be spread form man-to-woman, woman-to-man, man-to-man, or woman-to-woman. In other words, the virus doesn't really care what sex you are. Have your new girlfriend sign on to the site to get the basic facts of HIV/AIDS. There's a wealth of information here and on related links.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Do I Keep Having Outbreaks Of Shingles?
- What Is The Meaning Of Chlamydia Igm Antibodies?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Shingles?
- Treatment Of Chlamydia How Long Before Symptoms Gone
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.