Can Women carry AIDS?
Aug 26, 2003
My new girlfriend says that only men carry AIDS and they give it to women, so women can only catch it not carry it. Is this true? Thanks
Response from Dr. Frascino
Nope that's not true. AIDS is caused by a virus (HIV). The virus can be spread form man-to-woman, woman-to-man, man-to-man, or woman-to-woman. In other words, the virus doesn't really care what sex you are. Have your new girlfriend sign on to the site to get the basic facts of HIV/AIDS. There's a wealth of information here and on related links.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have AIDS
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.