For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

bottled semen

Dr. Bob,

I was recently given a handjob by a massage attendent and she used a lotion to jerk me off. I did not see the lotion, but my question is can you get HIV if someone put semen in the bottle. I did not see the bottle and I am sure this is a really stupid question, but you never know. Would HIV still be active if the semen was put in a bottle. The attendent was female by the way.

Thanks and god bless. I will be sending a donation to you ASAP for all of your hard work

Semen in the bottle of massage lotion? Where did you get this massage at a sperm donation center? Yep, I'd have to agree with you: That is "a really stupid question."

Can you get HIV and would HIV still be active if someone put semen in the bottle? No.

Now tell me 2 things:

(1) How did you ever come up with a question like that? (2) What difference would it make if the attendant were female or not?

Now refocus your worrying on something more realistic, like global warming or the effects of long-term steroid use on Arnold Schwartzenegger's brain.

Stay well.

Im infected from receiving oral sex!!