Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Im infected from receiving oral sex!!
Aug 16, 2003

Dr Bob you are a legend in your own time. A truely great man. I and many others cant thank you enough for you work you do here. The service you provide is invaluable. I just wish I had visited this site earlier. Please let me share my story with you. I have read all your your posts receving oral and it seems your right, it can be contracted via a casual BJ. During a break in Prague I received oral sex from a sex worker. 10 Weeks later I start to get all the Symptons, loss of apetite, upset stomach, loose but not diahorea bowell actions and finally a dry mouth. All symptons of Hiv. The only other way I could have transmitted the virus would have been from the bed I was laid on which I think is unlikely. I have started to break down ways in which the infection might have occured, ie a slight cut on my rectum may have been exposed to infected blood or semen on the bed. I have pretty much excused them as methods of transmission meaning I contracted HIV from receving oral sex. I have pretty much lost everthing or rather I will when I tell my fiance. I have no idea how to break this to my family. Im very anxious about the whole episode. I would just like to encourage all people out there to heed your warnings and to practise safe sex even with regard to oral. I wouldnt like to put anybody though what I have been. Knowing you have been there makes you even more remarkable, in that you spend time helping out idiots like me. I know you will suggest a test but that petrifies me and I dont want to go through the trauma to prove something I already know. Any advice for a man on the edge? Thankyou and Stay well Dr Bob.

Cliffhanger

Response from Dr. Frascino

Dear Cliffhanger,

You have rather remarkably misinterpreted everything I have written, just as you have misinterpreted your symptoms.

Advice? Sure:

1. Reread everything I have written about oral sex. 2. Reread everything I have written about not trying to self-diagnose HIV based on symptoms. 3. Get tested and find out you are HIV-negative. 4. Yell WOO-HOO! 5. Write back and tell us about this wonderful revelation, which hopefully most folks reading this forum will realize was nothing more than common sense and totally predictable.

Cliffhanger, you are nowhere near the edge, except in your mind.

Dr. Bob

Previous
3:TH TIME help me please! Brushing penis and insertive oral
Next
bottled semen

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.