Dr.Bob, you said a 2 month test is worthless?

HI Dr.Bob,

I am unsure of why you said that a 2 month test is worthless. I know it is not as accurate as 3 months, but don't most people show antibodies in 1 month.

My doctor told me that the 2 month test was accurate. Do I need to retest now, because I can't be sure????

Please post the answer. I am now questioning the negative result.

I didn't' say, "worthless." I said it wasn't definitive. Yes, "most" folks will have detectable antibodies to HIV within 1 month. But, "most" really isn't good enough when you are talking about HIV. By waiting the full 3 months, the test can pick up late seroconverters. Consequently, a 2-month test can be encouraging, but only a 3-month test is considered definitive.

Hope that helps clarify things for you. Stay well.

ABOUT TO GIVE UP..I NEED HELP...
Neurotic angel??