ABOUT TO GIVE UP..I NEED HELP...
Aug 12, 2003
DOC, ON APRIL 21ST I KISSED A SEX WORKER ON HER BELLY AREA & HER BREAST.I WAS DRUNK DON'T KNOW IF ANY BLOOD ON HER. AT 3 WKS GOT A PAIN ON MY LEFT ABDOMEN WITH SOFT BOWEL MOVEMENTS.MY DOCTOR SAID IT WAS DIVERTICULITIS,TOOK ANTI-BIOTICS & WENT AWAY. AT 9/1/2 WEEKS GOT RASH ON MY BELLY,LEGS,&ARMS.SOME FLAT,SOME FLACKY,SOME RAISED BUT ALL RED.THEY CONTINUED FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS WENT AWAY BY THEMSELVES.THAT'S THE TIME I TOOK THE 3 MO TEST.RESULTS BACK NEGATIVE. QUESTIONS? 1.COULD DIVERTICULITUS BE MISTAKEN FORTHE OPPOTUNISTIC INFECTION(MYCOBACTERIUM AVIUM COMPLEX. 2.I HEARD THAT DURING THE ACUTE STAGE THE STANDARD HIV TEST WILL NOT GIVE AN ACCURATE RESULT? 3.COULD THE ANTI BIOTICS DELAY THE ACUTE STAGE TO 9 1/2 WKS MAKING MY 3 MO TEST NOT RELIABLE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I SHOULD PUT THIS BEHIND ME OR SHOULD I CONTINUE TO WORRY & GET TESTED AGAIN IN THE FUTURE?
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. No, they are very different. 2. No, during the "window" period, the HIV test may not accurate. If you tested at 3 months, you are past the window period, and therefore your test results are considered definitive. 3. No, antibiotics do not alter HIV test results. 4. Yes, put it behind you. No need for further tests. HIV is not your problem.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vaginal Pain After Sex?
- Can Swollen Lymphnodes Cause Tight Feeling?
- Can You Get HIV Symptoms After A Week?
- Canker Sores After Sex With Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.