Should I Whoo-Hoo?

Hi Dr. Bob:

I hope you had a great time Europe, also I hoped the AIDS conference went well. I pray that eventually scientific breakthroughs will occur and AIDS will never have to affect anyone ever again.

Ok, well here is my question my (kinda long). Sorry in advance if it seems to be a routine question, but I am a bit of a worrier. 3 or so months ago, I recieved unprotected oral from a prostitute. Well, yes i do know that the CDC hasn't reported any cases of getting HIV via this route, but i also relaize there is a theorectical risk ( Ithink that I am the 1 in a million type who probably got broken skin from her teeth or something).

well, the 1st day of the 5th week after the ordeal, I got a sore throat with hot flashes which lasted for about 3 weeks. It however comes and goes even to this day, I still have it now, I have had doctors look at it and say there is nothing wrong except for my soft palate being a bit red. I get rashes on my chest every now and then, but they last no more than a few hours so i guess there is nothing to worry about there. I have also broken out with petechia dots on my arms chest and one on my leg. I also get canker sores one or two after another for the past 3 months.(they never seem to stop)

I got ELISA tested at 42 days, 60 days and here is the big one... 94 DAYS AFTER! (this was last week) As you may have guessed, all negative!

But on Sat. (98 days past I got a sore throat outbreak that made my entire throat red and painful and had a fever of 99.6 on Sunday along w/ the painful sore throat. On Monday however it was gone, it actually (fever)broke late Sunady night

I'm only 20 years old and pretty scared. The hooker was a part of a fraternity hazing thing. Needless to say i dropped after this incident. Also I noticed that many of these symptoms could be related to my wisdom teeth coming in. I had all 4 removed this morning(ouch!), but still have a sore soft palte( throat and vulva are normal pinkish color).

I am so sorry for this long message. Dr. Bob your words have helped keep me somewhat siane during these past few months. I guess I am just trying to get your opinion on all this.

Should I whoo hoo?, should I retest later to see if I seroconverted this weekend? My stupid throat( soft palate) just wont sop bothering me! Could I have other STDsfrom this ( I was waiting till marriage so I haven't ever been with anyone else), wow, good golly I won't bore you any longer with my story but I please do ask that you respond. I know you are ver busy but, I can't really afford to go to any more doctors since i can't work too much while in college and I obvouisly can't tell my folks about this ethier and need a professional opinion.

So.. Please Dr. Bob, Thank You

-Jon

Hey Jon,

Your risk is extremely, extremely low insertive oral sex. Your symptoms transient rashes, canker sores, petechiae, etc. are not suggestive of HIV ARS. And most importantly, your 3-month HIV ELISA is negative. No Jon, with that history, you cannot even be considered for the 1 in a million club.

Should you WOO-HOO? Absolutely!

Should you retest? Absolutely NOT!

And finally does anyone really use the expression, "Good Golly" anymore?

Stay well.

How do I know if a cut is a "deep or fresh" wound?
raw sex with escort