Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

VENEZUELA GETTING OVER IT
Aug 10, 2003

HI Dr.Bob my last posted mail was GOING MAD IN VENEZUELA and as you recall or maybe not because of the incredible number of messages that you must receive I was and am at the verge of conclusion with my problem , after my 4 weeks test I went on and did virtually a test a week , I was obsessed with the possibility of being infected ,this possibility as a kid didnt bother me to much but always haunted me . I just received my last test today at exactly 10 weeks and 4 days after exposure vaginal unprotected sex by the way my test was NEGATIVE and all of my doctors say its conclusive by the time I have taken 6 tests a little exagerated huu. I really apreciate and feal honored that a great man like you went through the trouble of awnsering my mail. The girl looked fine but like you must probably say ,what counts is the inside not the outside she repatedly told me she was negative but I had to have it on paper, for absolute peace of mind Iam going to retest at 12 week mark but all my doctors say that this is not necessary since hopefully 74 days is almost 84 and the chances of seroconverting in 10 days is farther than winning the florida lottery besides my tests were MEIA and third generation EI CUALITATIVE antybody testing. I think that the only good thing I got from all this is that a lot of people think that by ignoring this disease they are at less risk of getting it POOR IGNORANTS and beyond there world of materials there is one greater that is the HUMAN WORLD. Well Dr.Bob Thanks for your precious time and GOD BLESS YOU. VENEZUELA

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Venezuela-guy,

Congratulations on your negative test(s). Yeah, six tests are a bit excessive. You really only needed one test at 12 weeks for a definitive result. WOO-HOO! Stay safe and stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Why didnt my doc give me the drugs?
Next
Dr. Bob- Kidney Donor

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.