adopted a child w/ hiv

I am going out of my mind here. I have 12 month old baby girl, and an adopted 2 year old who is HIV positive. I was cooking dinner two weeks ago when I looked at my kids and the 2 yr old was letting the baby (12 mos) chew and gnaw on her fingers. The previous day my two year old (who is positive) fell in the driveway and scraped the palms of her hands and fingers up terribly. Some skin was removed. Now my 12 month old has 103 fever 2 weeks later. I feel like I am going to die. How huge of a risk is this?

Relax Mom. This was not a huge risk. Hopefully, your 2-year-old is being cared for by a pediatric HIV specialist. If not, he/she should be. You should have a long talk with the pediatric HIV specialist so that you understand what does and does not pose a significant risk. It should help significantly to ease your fears. On behalf of HIV-positive orphans everywhere, thank you for adopting and loving an HIV-positive kid. Your halo in the life hereafter just got a bit brighter.

SAFE SEX: A COMPLETE FALLACY
A simple yes or no will do