woo hoo cause dr. bob rules

First off let me say you guys are really cool and your forum really helped me with my anxiety. I had protected receptive anal sex with a TS pro about a month ago and about two weeks after the fact got a swollen lymph node in my neck and then a sore throat and was completely freaked out. Even though we used a condom and i don't even think she came (seems like she couldn't which was weird but maybe that's a question for a different forum)I totally convinced myself I was HIV+ and got totally stressed out. I read what you guys said and decided I wasn't extreme risk with the protection from what you guys said and waited till it had been about a month and took the homeaccess test. My sore throat got quite a bit better, i can't feel my lymph node now unless i really go searching for it (maybe it got a little more swollen than it would have because i kept poking it every five minutes) and the result came back neg (just found out). Now i'll stop worrying about hiv and make sure i don't miss any doses of my celexa for my anxiety disorder hahahaha :) but seriously you guys rock and after stressing out about it for a couple of weeks i've learned a lot more about hiv and am much more compassionate about it. You and people like yourself are amazing for just dealing with it and being so well-adjusted, and HIV causes will now be my sole focus for charitable donations. I think the government (whichever party controls the white house) has been generally deplorable in dealing with the problem especially with all the money they waste on drug interdiction and incarcerating nonviolent offenders. I sincerely hope medicine gets this thing under control in the near future for the sake of people like you living with the disease. One final aside, and that is regarding the situation in africa with the massive number of orphans produced by the pandemic there. Many, many of these children are swept up into militias and become soldiers as soon as they can lift a gun, or become cranked-out druggies running in preadolescent packs through the streets. I read that the majority of the most atrocities committed in places such as the congo and whatnot are actually children warriors, and the rebel leaders or whatever get them all coked up to control them, and apparently the kids are more vicious than people who grew up in society before they took to massacring other folks. The sociological void which is ever growing over there is going to massively explode at some point and in my opinion the fabric of those societies will be torn in a similar way to afghanistan, where the people just can't go back to normal because the only thing whole generations know are warring, subhuman existences with anarchy reigning. It will make the islamist problem we are dealing with now look like a walk in the park, because at least those whack jobs feel like they have to answer to someone, and it seems to me that the whole of sub-sahara africa isn't far from slipping past a point from which it will no longer be manageable. on the other hand we could just pony up cheap generic antiretrovirals and bypass the doomsday scenario for that continent (which would help us too) since we could keep enough of the older generations around to take care of the kids till they internalize enough society to be productive people. Anyway enough of me ranting, but you and people like yourself are heroes to me, and i hope you all stay well for years to come!

Thanks for writing. I'm delighted you've finally understood our message that "protected" really means just that "protected."

Thanks also for your kind comments and for believing that we are "so well adjusted." Others may argue that point!

I also appreciate your erudite comments about the catastrophic consequences of letting this pandemic continue to spread wildly out of control around the world. That Celexa stuff must really be working well! Any chance we can spike some into the punch bowl at the next GOP national convention?

Finally, thank you for your charitable donations. May the higher powers bring you peace and health.

WACKY TRIVIA FOR DOC BOB!
THE DOC IS IN THE HOUSE