The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Wasting but had earlier negative test?

Aug 7, 2003

Dr. Bob,

Booncock! Sorry, i just don't know how to react. It seems my arms, legs, and face have gotten smaller in the past few months. I had an earlier negative hiv test, but i now feel that these symptoms in connection with the recurrent sinus like infection that causes massive spit and wierd pimple outbreaks defines me as nightmare waiting for his test. If one contracted hiv in March 2002, do you think that signs of wasting and wait loss could appear so soon? Is my previous hiv test pure crap now? WHat to Do?

Help Me!

Mr. BoonCOCK

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Booncock,

If you're HIV-negative, you're HIV-negative. It really is just that simple. "Nightmare"? Yes, I do believe that's correct -- it is all just a bad dream not reality. HIV is not your problem.

If your sinuses are bothering you, see your doctor or an ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) physician. Weird pimples are best handled by a dermatologist. As for your arms, legs, and face seeming to get smaller, well, first off, check with your regular doctor. "Seeming" to get smaller and actually getting smaller are two very different things.

Get the help you need and stop focusing on something that is not your problem.

Dr. Bob

Cuban bodybuilder spilled semen in my ear. OOPS!!! Please advise.
Earex Dude Bidding 250 donation to Dr. Bob's foundation!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint