Hiv outside the Body

Hello Ryan, Please help put me out of my anxiety. I dont want to waste your time but i cant sleep. I received protected oral sex from a sex worker. Having read every one of your replies on this subject im happy the risk is low. My concern now is the risk of infection from hiv outside the body. Is it possible to become infected by sitting on a sofa where others may have ejaculated. I was naked from the waste down and am concerned of the risk here. Is there a risk Hiv infected semen could enter my body? Thanks for all the great work you guys do. I hope you dont think im wasting your time.

No, there is no known risk for transmission through this route. HIV is only known, according to the CDC, to be transmitted through sex, blood contact (primarily through sharing needles), and from mother to infant. There is no evidence that HIV is transmitted through casual contact (even if that means sitting on a sofa where someone may have ejaculated). You might consider getting slipcovers for your sofa in the future; latex, perhaps ;)

RMK

Condom storage
WOO-HOO and a huge thank YOU!