Too Coincidental to Ignore

Ryan,

I received oral sex from a woman in a gentlemens club 2 months ago (to the day). I did wear a Condom, but doubt it was latex. I have had many unusual symptoms over the last 7 weeks. They include muscle aches, soar joints, itching, fatiuge, swolen glands in my neck, an arm bruise that was caused very easily and took 10 days to go away. I also have had a constant drip in the back of my throat for a few weeks. I await HIV test results for antibodies and the virus itself. Considering these symptoms, beyond HIV what else could it be?

Coincidence has the power of making us draw some magical connections between things that have no correlation whatsoever. If the facts demonstrate over and over again that insertive oral sex is not known to be a route for transmission, then having mild symptoms after the fact does not negate the legitimacy of those facts. It's quite possible, due to some powerful psychological dynamics, that you are convincing yourself that you have HIV (guilt perhaps?).

The CDC has not documented cases of transmission through saliva. The primary routes for sexual transmission are anal and vaginal sex. If you are not engaging in those activities, or use condoms consistently, there is little reason to be concerned about transmission through sexual contact.

RMK

Mr. Kull-please answer
Oral Sex STD's Part 2