Insertive Anal Sex Worried

I had unprotected insertive anal sex with a guy almost three months ago. Since that time I have had no worries since he told me he was negative at the time. But, recently it has come to my attention through third parties that he is testing positive. I assesed my one night with him and am getting worried. I was only inside for a minute and there was much movment to cause much friction. I know I should get tested soon, but what are the chances that this would be a hiv+ test for me?

I can't quantify the chances for an HIV positive or negative test result. If you did have insertive anal sex without a condom with an HIV infected person, you are at risk for infection. The insertive partner is at less risk than the receptive, but the risk of having mucous membrane contact with blood is a possible route for transmission to the insertive partner. There is also the more likely risk that one would be exposed to other sexually transmitted infections (certain ones, including HIV, seem to be on the rise for men who have sex with men).

You shouldn't panic after one, brief, insertive episode. It's just important that you avoid having unprotected sex and get tested three or more months after the exposure. It is also crucial that you look at some of the factors that influenced your decision-making in this encounter. Hopefully some evaluation of the situation will reduce the odds of it occuring again in the future.

RMK

Question about pregnancy
Symptoms persist despite 11 week neg. test, scared