Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Non Circumcised,How risky in a single episode?
Jul 30, 2003

Dr.Ryan, Sorry for this S.A I am a male 17 yrs old from Oman.To my visit to Dubai I had an unprotected vaginal intercourse with a Russian sex worker about 35 years old(I think she is having HIV).It lasted for about 3-4 minutes and I think she also had orgasm.After this Suddenly HIV came into my mind,I asked her about this and she denied for having any such infection and she showed me some sort of health card. I wont believe this. After a week of exposure I had an achy feeling with joint pain generally on my knees,back and a pain while opening my mouth also I had a loss of apetite,mild chills,itchy bumps on body,Tiredness,a burning feeling on my right hand fingers etc.I understood from your postings these symptoms are highly predictive of acute infection.I am non circumcised. On 27 th day of exposure Antibody test was negative,Can I rely on this. After a month I had a White coating on my tounge and a week later mild cough began and lasted for more than one month. Now it is nearly 3 months after my exposure I dont have an apetite(UPSET STOMACH) a general tiredness and body itch withoutlessions ,sleeping disorders and small bloody red marks turning to small ulcers.

I strongly believe I have HIV,How ILL FATED I AM?,GOD is giving me Sufferings.I am not able to concentrate on my studies,and even cannot freely talk to my parents and friends. As I am young I cannot afford medicines and how will I tell this to my parents Is there any cure for HIV or shall I end my life? Doctor How risky I am and can transmit this disease to my family also,right? Tkank You

Response from Mr. Kull

If you had unprotected sex with someone who is HIV infected, it is important that you get tested at least three months after your exposure. There is no reason to panic or to assume that your symptoms are related to HIV, but you should take necessary precautions for both yourself and your family since you potentially did have an exposure to HIV or other sexually transmitted infections.

RMK

Previous
Blood Test 2 weeks after exposure
Next
Question about pregnancy

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.