Contracted something other than HIV? Need help!

Hi Ryan, I recently (foolishly) had protected intercourse and unprotected oral sex with a sex worker while intoxicated. I am fairly confident that the condom did not fail during intercourse, but at the state I was in, I can't be 100 certain. I regret the actions but I felt I had not put myself at a high risk for HIV, however a little less than a week after the encounter I've experienced soreness/a little swelling under my armpits which I believe is a lymph node reaction that I had never experienced, and also some tightening in the throat (however I've had acid reflux probs in the past which can be an explaination for this). When I read that these could be potential symptoms for HIV, I've become pretty worried. Are there other STI's that can cause a lymph node reaction such as this? Hopefully it is all a coincidence and I have no diseases, but I need some type of counseling/advice until I possibly get tested 3 months down the road. Thanks!

It doesn't seem so foolish to use a condom during sex; using a condom, you actually did something that should have greatly reduced your risk for HIV infection. You did not put yourself at significant risk for infection.

Be careful about associating your symptoms to HIV. See a doctor if they continue, but in the meantime, trying to determine your status based on symptoms that you experience is a fruitless effort.

RMK

Oral sex/ one month test
Q from HK, please help, thinking of suicide, very down...