protected sex with sex worker and afraid

Mr. Kull, I am a deeply concerned 18 year old male who had sex oral and vaginal (protected) sex with a sex worker in Spain. I was very much under the influence of alcohol and when I immediately walked out of the room I snapped together and realize what a mistake I made. I have been terrified for the past week. Two days after sex, this odd headache/fever came on. Then came a soar throat and now one of the lymph nodes in my neck is swollen. Conditions have been like this for three-four days. This is the only time I ever did intercourse and I wanted to ask the likelyhood of an HIV infection. I did not feel a break in the condom so I think it stayed intact. I also did not ejaculate until I was given hand sex still with the condom on. But ever since this virus thing Im very frightened. Do viruses come just out of paranoia? My friends whom I was with, had a stomach virus on the vacation but I dont think this is it. How exactly do you get HIV? Does you semen have to be in contact with vaginal fluid? Or does vaginal fluid just have to enter the end on my penis? Anyways thank you very much Mr. Kull. Take Care.

If the condom did not fail during intercourse, then your risk for infection is extremely small. Latex condoms that remain intact are highly effective at preventing the transmission of HIV and most other STIs.

I'm not sure what your oral contact with the sex worker was, but getting vaginal fluids or semen in the mouth poses a risk, albeit small, for HIV transmission. See the section on oral sex for more info.

Your level of anxiety sounds like it is much higher than it needs to be in terms of your risk for HIV infection.

RMK

80 days
non-insertive definition