Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help, please answer, ARS symptoms?
Jul 22, 2003

Help, please answer, ARS symptoms?

I had the following ARS symptoms after having genital to genital contact with a high-risk individual (prostitute.) 3 weeks later, I came down with what appears as a stomach flu with nausua, vomiting, diahrrea, fever, sore throat, and I noticed a very small patch of rash appear on my right upper arm. The rash was not itchy, just little, slightly raised red spots. I had to be hospitilized for dehydration and for the naseua & diahrea. I was very scared the whole time that I had contracted hiv, but because there was no insertive sex I don't see how I could have gotten it. But I am still very confused and scared, my first hiv test after one month came back negative. I still am going to take another test at 2 months and a 3rd at 3 months. Please help! Does this sound like ARS?

Response from Mr. Kull

If you didn't have insertive sex, then it is unlikely that your symptoms are related to HIV. Sexual transmission of HIV is only considered probable if a person has insertive or receptive anal, vaginal, or oral sex with an HIV infected person. It is also possible to get other STIs this way. I cannot tell you whether or not your symptoms are related to ARS, so you should rely on your medical doctor to do so.

RMK

Previous
Symptom: sore throat?
Next
ryan............................FOR THE FINAL TIME IS IT 84 DAYS OR 90 DAYS{INDIA}

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.