blood contact

Thanks for your kindly reply. I was pricked my finger with a lancet by a nurse for a blood donation in a center where blood is collected from donors. This is for a blood type test. The lancet was used only for me, which was not used by anybody. But the nurse gave me a piece of sterile absorbent cotton to stop blood from my finger. After a few seconds, I unconsciously dropped the cotton on the table. I picked it up and pressed it onto the tiny sore on my finger. Then I saw the marks of blood on the table. I thought it was made by the blood in the cotton used for me. I thought the trace of blood was mine. Question : But what if a accident happened as following. The mark of blood was hiv+ another donor's, who was pricked his finger with another lancet, and his blood dropped on the table. After one minute, My cotton for stopping blood absorbed his blood. And I picked it up, pressed it on my sore finger. This is a imaginable supposition. Is this put me at any risk for infection with hiv. The trace of blood(mine or someone's) was exposed to air for a while(about 1 minute). The amount of blood was a little. Please help me with your reply.

Please try to remember that transmission through blood contact primarily occurs through sharing injection needles for drug use, and not through the route you describe. The possible scenario for transmission that you are imagining is quite complicated, and rather improbable. You should not be considering yourself at risk for HIV infection based on the event you describe.

RMK

How conclusive after 5 weeks?
Symptom: sore throat?