The internacional enigma

Hi, how is possible that after all this years that AIDS exist there are so many different interpretacion of what is risky. For example many Italian site refer as very risky practice of cannilingus or reciving a fellacio. What is the cause of this extremely different interpretacion of this infection. And why there is not a worldwide organism that inform of what is really dangerous and what not. Sorry for my bad English. Other question I have for you is if there is a statistic about the HIV. For example you say that 3 months test is quite definitive. So is there a statistic that say what is the average of people detected afer 6 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks and 6 months?

I want to end this mail telling that you are doing a great job. My theory is that many other site try to terrify people and this is really dangerous specially for all the people who leave with a big AIDS phobia. I will apreciate a lot your answer. Thanks Lonely Italian

I think part of the problem is that people are looking for an exact answer to issues of transmission. There are none. Transmission is highly complex and is determined by a number of factors that are both constant and variable in each and every situation. So, we can't predict exactly when HIV will be transmitted; we can only look at what we know about transmission, and give a general picture of what we think the likelihood is.

Studies have consistently demonstrated that transmission through oral sex occurs much less frequently (if that) when compared to anal or vaginal sex. Most studies have demonstrated that the likelihood of oral transmission in and of itself is quite low, and in some studies of oral sex and HIV, oral transmission hasn't even been observed. Laboratory studies also confirm that saliva inhibits HIV's ability to infect people, and that the cells that line the tissue of the mouth are less prone to infection when compared to the mucous membranes of the vagina and rectum.

I can't quantify the odds of testing accuracy at different intervals within the window period. The information I'm familiar with states that the majority of HIV infected people will be antibody positive in about one month of infection, and that virtually all people will be positive by three months.

RMK

HIV Symptoms
Safer sex ?