HIV Symptoms

I recently (5 days ago) had unprotected sex with a girl I didn't know and I'm freaking out! I've been absorbing all the information I can on websites about HIV symptoms, but to this point I'm more confused than ever. Since the encounter and over the past few days I have experienced a few of the symptoms I've seen listed (Difficulty Breathing, Dry Cough, Muscle Aches, Headaches, Swelling around the groin). I don't seem to have a fever or Swollen glands or at least they haven't shown to this point. Is it common for symptoms to appear in such a short time or am I just being peranoid. Here's to hoping it's the later. I'm done with one night stands forever!!

Stop the madness! You are not going to be able to figure out if you have HIV or not based on symptoms that you may or may not be experiencing, so do your best to get out of that trap.

A couple of things. One should only begin to question the connection between symptoms and early HIV infection if they are known to be at significant risk for infection (having unprotected sex with an HIV infected person or someone from a high risk group). People who are at low-risk for infection are not likely to be experiencing symptoms of acute infection. Also, see a doctor if you have questions about your physical health: the internet should be a tool to assist, and not a substitute for, appropriate health care.

RMK

only had oral sex
The internacional enigma