significance of shaving?
Jul 14, 2003
Hello dear Ryan,
I was going through your answers, and was left wondering on two things:
1)about shaving (pubic hair, for instance). Does it have any relevance, if I have just shaved the same day, and then some precum come on that area?
2)saliva as lubrificant, if the lubrification itself worked fine, and condom remained intact?
Response from Mr. Kull
1) In general, we can't say that there is any real risk from shaving your genital area and having fluid contact, as the CDC does not document any cases of transmission this way.
2) If the condom remained intact, that's the most important thing. However, you should avoid using saliva as a lubricant on a condom, as that ususally does not provided significant lubrication, and increases the risk for breaks or tears.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Men Get Genital Warts Around Their Anus?
- Can Penicillin Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.