|significance of shaving?
Jul 14, 2003
Hello dear Ryan,
I was going through your answers, and was left wondering on two things:
1)about shaving (pubic hair, for instance). Does it have any relevance, if I have just shaved the same day, and then some precum come on that area?
2)saliva as lubrificant, if the lubrification itself worked fine, and condom remained intact?
| Response from Mr. Kull
1) In general, we can't say that there is any real risk from shaving your genital area and having fluid contact, as the CDC does not document any cases of transmission this way.
2) If the condom remained intact, that's the most important thing. However, you should avoid using saliva as a lubricant on a condom, as that ususally does not provided significant lubrication, and increases the risk for breaks or tears.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Hiv Causes Numbness And Tingling In Feet And Hand?
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Through Touching A Blood Contaminated Surface?
- Is A Sore Throat Alone A Symptom Of Hiv?
- Is Red Dots On Tongue A Sign Of Hiv?
- Should Athletes With Hiv Be Allowed To Play Sports?
- Can Hepatitis And Hiv Enter The Body Through Common Wart?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.