I am not a WW. Home Access clarification

You mention rare strains that are commonly found in the United States.But those outside the US, Home Access is not fine tuned for all subtypes.

I do not understand. What do you mean. Which rare strains. My exposure was with an oriental immigrant.PLEASE ANSWER!

HIV is broken down into two major types: HIV-1 and HIV-2. HIV-1 can be broken down into three major groups: M, O (outlier), and N (non-O, non-M). The M group contains many different subtypes or clades (there are 11, A-K). Antibody tests are accurate for all subtypes within the M group (the group responsible for the vast majority, 99%, of infections in the world). Over 96-98% of infections in North America and Western Europe are caused by subtype B.

Infections with N and O groups are rare in the world, and are most likely to be transmitted in Africa. Antibody tests are still quite good at detecting infections with these groups of HIV, but may not be as reliable. If you have good reason to suspect that you are HIV infected despite negative tests, talk with your doctor about your concerns.

RMK

Please Help
just a thank you note