Cat Scratch

About a year and a half ago I bought a new kitten. She was teeny tiny and my upstairs HIV+ friend/neighbor came to see her. As he was leaving he handed her to me. The handing over process startled her and she scratch him drawing blood and then jumped across my face scratching below my eye drawing blood. I have been so worried since then and now especially since I volunteered to get a free HIV test by a public service agency who told me to call to get my results. They called me instead, several times telling me it was very important that I contact them. Should I be worried? I know the chances are slim, it probably wasn't even the same paw that she scratched us with.

This would be an extremely unusual route for transmission: exposures to blood generally result in HIV transmission only in certain circumstances, like sharing needles, healthcare settings, and sex. You do not have evidence that your friend's blood had access to your bloodstream, so it would be wise to avoid assuming the worst possible scenario.

Give a call to the agency anyway; this may help to clear up the anxiety that you are experiencing.

RMK

Have I given Myself a Death Sentence
5 th Time..................Plssssssssssssssss Answer