A bit off topic/but I could manage another donation

Ok well despite my initial fears, I don't believe hiv is my problem. Negative home access at around 6 months after last risky behaviour. My problem is that I have had redness and occasional dry skin on one area of the shaft of my penis. I went to the city clinic here, I was negative for ch/gc, syphilis and a negative hsv 2 ab test. Then when the skin went dry and started cracking again I went back to the clinic, The nurse that looked at me and said it was a yeast infection,she said in her 25 years she had never seen hsv look like that,i was still worried about hsv so we still cultured it and it came up negative. So she told me to use some athletes foot medicine for a week or two and it should clear up. well it been over a month now and the dry skin has returned again. I did use the cream for a few weeks and the dry skin went away. but the redness stayed. so last week I decided since I am over weight maybe perspiration is keeping it active, so i decided to use some medicated foot powder to try to keep the are dry. it seemed to be going well for the first few days but then I started to get really itchy, so 2 days ago I opted to stop doing the powder thing, now I am seeing the dry skin return. I am fearing hsv again, BUt more importantly if it is yeast, I want to make it stop. I know you can't tell me what it is, but can you please tell me what kind of doctor to see? should I see my urologist? a dermatologist? A general physitian? We have a P.A. at my clinic at work, and I have been in to see her a few times this week regaurding my high blood pressure. I just really haven't wanted to have this looked at work. I want to see a doc, I need to know what kind of doctor to see! Please help. Oh and if this helps I first noticed this problem after a week of attempting a pretty intense work out. Again PLease help! Frustrated in Utah

Hello Frustrated in Utah,

Why are folks in Utah so worried about having their genitalia examined and treated? The penis is a body part, and as such requires attention when something goes wrong. Your symptoms sound like a fungal infection, and over-the-counter athletes foot meds and powders may not be potent enough to clear it up. Id recommend a dermatologist, although most general physicians could probably handle this as well. Get examined, get treated, and get well. Your problem should not be all that challenging. Get well soon. OK?

DR.BOB - "GODLIKE"
Terrified over Oral, Part III-The Final Chapter!