kissing and mouth sores

Hi there, I have asked this question before but for whatever reason I have not recieved a response. I am a person who worries constantly. I just recieved a negative test (after 6 months) which I am glad about. However, about 3 weeks ago I was visiting my brother in South Carolina and kissed a guy I had met at a club. I am aware that the risk of contracting HIV through "french kissing" is very rare, but at the time I kissed him, I had a few (2 if that) small red bumps on my lower right lip. I am worried that this could possibly increase the chances of HIV transmission. Even though I do ont recall bleeding in my mouth I am still worried! If you could give me your thoughts that would be great. P.S All of us are very greatful to your sight. Thank you and Godbless

Transmission throuh kissing is not only not rare, as far as we know, it is nonexistent. The CDC has not documented any cases of transmission through kissing (in the past 20+ years of the epidemic, there was only one reported, yet inconclusive, case). So, sores or no sores in your mouth, you shouldn't be worrying about transmission ocurring this way.

RMK

Help out a Scottish Guy, please....
Re: Dr. Bob, NY sighting?