question from uganda

Hi Dr Bob Bob please answer coz I know you get so many anxiety questions but never any from Uganda. First Uganda is really high incidence area but we go for the glove. its like a religion here. but here is my problem - at the end of may I had protected sex with a 'take away' (Kampala speak for a hooker). thing is the condoms were hers so I dont know what condition they were in. After two weeks I got a mild sore throat which cleared after about a day on its own. A week later I was down with a mild fever, aching knees and muscles. Now Dr Bob I have tested negative before and so I knew my status then but am really worried now. I will do a test in Aug but wonder what you think of my situation. Thank you and please answer. Steve

Hello Steve,

What do you mean "never any from Uganda?" I get "Kampala speak" questions not only from you horny "gloved" Ugandan dudes, but also the "take aways" as well. Condoms are usually of adequate quality if used by pros, but of course, I have no way of knowing for sure what happened in your particular instance. I know my foundation has been instrumental in helping to provide treatment to HIV-positive folks in Uganda and also in providing quality condoms to keep the rest of you healthy. Your chances of testing negative at 3 months are excellent. Consider supplying your own "gloves" for all future "take away" adventures to prevent subsequent worries. OK? Good luck. Stay well.

Thanks for your wonderful response article
Italian Food Groups