Jun 27, 2003
RAUL 16 MEXICO
can animals transmit the hiv or aids to human? "What is the scientific explanation for why animals LIKE DOGS can or cannot get HIV?"
Response from Dr. Frascino
Well it has to do with the "H" in HIV. It stands for HUMAN, as in Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Dogs cant get it, because they are not human, although my pooch thinks he is.
Basically, many diseases are species-specific. In other words, dogs dont have to worry about HIV and you dont have to worry about getting Tasmanian Devil Crotchrot Fever. OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Mutual Masturbation?
- Is Muscle Ache An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Red Eyes A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Can Trichomoniasis Cause Red Bumps In Genital Area?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.