safe sex and meds

my partner and I are both hiv+ I have just started to take meds, he has not and we were wondering about sex. We were having unsafe sex, we are wondering if there are risks for the one not taking meds and should we pratcise safe sex.

Good question, and one that weve had difficulty answering scientifically for some time. Some folks believed that once you were positive, safe sex didnt matter as long as you had sex with other positoids. The risk and worry has always been the lingering question of whether its possible to contract another, more aggressive, strain of virus in addition to the one you already have. Multiple recent studies have now unfortunately concluded this is indeed the case. Highly resistant, highly aggressive strains of HIV can be passed not only to HIV-negative individuals, but also to other positive folks! Exactly how often this occurs, we dont know. However, that the risk is real is now undeniable. So, should you and your partner practice safe sex? That is a decision that the two of you need to make together, now that you have this new information.

Despite the hassle of condoms, I personally would strongly recommend safe sex. I could not put my partner at risk, nor would I risk my own health. Hope that helps.

i think you are avoiding my question, my anxiety is increasing. help me doctor
Pleeese answer - Totally stressed and on drugs for over a year. I am BEGGING