Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I want kids, what if comes back positive?
Jun 16, 2003

Back in March 2003, I had unprotected insertive sex with a woman, also oral. She is 26, I'm 32. Big mistake! A couple days later I developed diarehia which stayed for a week or more then came in went in various degrees for the next two months. My stools were never very hard. Stools aree greenish. I submitted two stool samples a few weeks apart and the Doc. found no findings in there. However, they did find some white blood cells in one of them. I also had headaches during this time, nausea, and extremely fatigued. I had no appetite, loss of interest in sex, loss of interest in many things. I took a HIV test at 7 weeks and it came back neg.

Now at 9 weeks headaches are gone, I feel great, have lots of energy and testorone.

I am scared to death I have HIV, I plan to retest in 3 months. I am guessing I must of contacted HIV and now it is done seroventing because all of a sudden I feel better at 9 weeks. I suspect if I take the test now it will be positive, I am so scared, I am single and I have no kids. I want to be married in the near future and have kids. Is there any way to pregant my future wife without her geting HIV if I am positive?

One more question, If a positive HIV guy has unprotected sex with a woman and fills her full of cum, Will she automaticaly become HIV infected? Or what is the odds of her catching HIV. 100 of the time, 15? What? Is there any research results on that? What is the chance of HIV infection to the woman? Is it 100 or 20, or ? the first time filling her with cum?

Please respond, I haven't seen these questions asked on here before.

Bob, please respond, this is my 7th post with no response yet.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Now hold on a second here. I think you are jumping the gun. Your symptoms are not suggestive of ARS. Lets wait and see what that 3-month test shows, OK?

To briefly respond to your hypothetical questions, yes, there are ways HIV-positive men can become dads without infecting their HIV-negative partner. The procedures are still somewhat experimental and not yet widely available. It involves "sperm washing used in conjunction with assisted reproduction techniques". The results of a recent study using these techniques are published in the June 2003 issue of "Human Reproduction."

Next, the unprotected vaginal sex question Although I must say you make your partner sound like an empty gas tank ("fill her up with . . . unleaded"). The risk for HIV transmission per episode of receptive penile-anal sexual exposure when the insertive partner is known to be HIV-positive is estimated at 0.1 3 %. This is the "riskiest" scenario. The risk per episode of receptive vaginal exposure is estimated at 0.1 0.2%.

Hope that helps clarify things for you. Good luck. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr. Bob , for you................
Next
window period and risk level

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.