Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Basic oral sex question?
Jun 13, 2003

Hello

I sent you my question before and I haven't got any reply yet and thought it was a really brief/short message so I will rewrite.

I explain my situation. I met a guy and he gave me oral sex.

He sucked me and rimmed me too. But I didn't give any. I touched his penis but really didn't touch his precum. (I know it's not dangerous even if I touched his precum I'm just trying to clear my situation.)

I don't know if he had any cuts in his mouth I don't know if I had any cuts either. At least I didn't see any blood.

I came around his mouth and he came on his own body.

As far as I know especially from your informative website and advice, my risk of getting HIV through this route is really low to practically none. I just want to make sure if it's correct. I've been worrying about this too much even after I found the answer on this site! (The risk of HIV infection through receiving oral sex is practically zero.) I'm too scared and can't sleep. Maybe it's becasue that was the deepest sexual activity I have ever had. I'm telling myself that I'm fine. But I really can't get rid of the worst thoguths.

Please reply to this scared little fellow? I'm really looking forward to you reply.

Additionally, your website is really great. Informative and up-to-date. There are lots of information about HIV around but I will keep an eye on this site for my prior education about HIV. (Even I know your information is right and I found the answer for what I was looking for...I'm still worried.. I'm stupid huh? :-)

Thanks and keep on good work!

Response from Mr. Kull

You're not stupid; you actually sound quite smart. You did the research, you understand the situation, and you know that your risk for infection is negligible. There is no evidence to support a real risk for HIV transmission through insertive oral sex (or rimming).

Just because you're anxious doesn't mean that you're stupid. People of all intelligence levels get anxious. It's just important to monitor your anxiety, and if you feel that it is interfering with your life, speak with a mental health professional about options for treatment.

RMK

Previous
RYAN A QUESTION FROM {INDIA}
Next
Dr. Bob - Here's a Lay-up Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.