Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Ryan PLZ answer!!!!!! herpes question
Jun 13, 2003

Ok here's the deal, i received oral sex from some one i didnt know with a condom that had been exposed to extreme temp. the condom broke but we stopped emmidietly. i tested negative for hiv and chlamydia at 2 weeks after exposure,negative hiv at 2 months, then again at 3 months, negative for for syphillis and hepatittis c at 4 months. My question is about herpes, last weekend i had some bumps on my buttocs just on my left side, there are a bunch of them close otgether and some are spread out, they are still present today. i got tested for genital and mouth herpes on wenesday and i got my result back to day they were negative. I took a blood test i dont know which one, i called the cdc and they say that my test is not reliable, they said that i need a test called herpes select blood test but even that test would not be reliable, i really comfused. they also said that a culture test could be done but only 48 hours after symptoms appear so if i had one done today it would not be reliable because its been a week.

what am i supose to do now???????

Response from Mr. Kull

Did you have a doctor look at the bumps on your buttocks? That's going to be the best way to determine if you have herpes lesions or not. However, unless an infected area of your partner's mouth or genitals came into contact with the area that you are concerned about, these are not likely to be herpes sores (based on the encounter you describe, which was penile-oral contact).

RMK

Previous
Worried Teen HELP.....
Next
HIV lube

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.