Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

NEEDLE STICK..RISKS?
Jun 12, 2003

The first question concerns shotty nodes. Now i know that they are not really alarming, but i read that they usually signal viral infection. Now i had blood tests a few months back that showed EBV and Toxoplasmosis..IGG( that i have passed an infection,,i could be 6 days,6 months or 6 years right?),,that means that i am immune right? Now my question is,, i hve been feeling shotty nodes especially on my neck,,, but for almost 2,5 months now,,no change in their size,,,or feel,,,i have read that they may stay like that for life beuase they may be filled with puss (if that iis the correct word,,sorry for my english).Is it normal to have shotty nodes withouth having anything? Is it puss or anything else?I have read that shotty nodes are also common in HIV? i would really appreciate you helping me,,,again.,,,,,,,,, Its good to mention that i went to my pathologist in cyprus and she said that my nodes are not pathological. Question 2 My friend is diabetic. He uses a pen like syringe to inject his insuline. About amonth ago as i was playing around with it i got inched for like a second,,by it on my thumb,,,,, now i dont know when he last used it,did not check for visual blood, ,,is that a real risk,,or am i just going crazy? Thanx

Response from Mr. Kull

Sorry, I don't know what shotty nodes are. Regardless, you should really try to skip guessing your HIV status by looking for swollen glands.

You are at risk for HIV infection when you have sex with an HIV infected person, or when you share needles for injection drug use. You shouldn't be worrying about infection through the route you describe.

RMK

Previous
ars sex drive
Next
Whould Elisa test still be valid if blood was taken on Saturday and not tested until Tuesday?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.