ARS fever--how common?

Hi Ryan,

Fever is almost always found in ARS, right?

Could it appear very early (gone <14 days) while the rest of the symptoms come a little later and last for over a month?

In other words, would a doctor examining a patient who was going through symptoms of suspected ARS strongly suspect HIV negativity in the absence of fever regardless of other symptoms?

I strongly suspect ARS, but have yet to find a fever. My concern is that the fever occurred before I bought the thermometer 7 days os exposure (I've been checking 5-15 times/day)

Thank you for an knowledge you have regarding the incidence of fever durin ARS. Have a nice day.

Fever is one of the most common symptoms experienced during acute HIV infection. A doctor is not likely to suspect that you are experiencing ARS unless you are at significant risk for infection (unprotected sex with an HIV infected person, or someone in a high-risk group).

Trying to determine your HIV status based on symptoms you are experiencing is unwise, anxiety provoking, and unreliable. Recent HIV infection (acute HIV infection, acute retroviral syndrome) should only be considered if ALL of the following are true:

1) You had unprotected vaginal or anal sex (inserting or receiving a penis without a condom) within the past three months.

2) Your partner was known to be HIV infected, or is a person who is in a "high-risk" category (a man who has sex with men, an injection drug user, or a person who has sexual contact with others in an area of high HIV incidence or prevalence, like sub-Saharan Africa).

3) Your symptoms are indicative of acute HIV infection (febrile illness, sometimes compared to flu or mono). The specific symptoms can vary from person to person, but acute infection most often manifests in this "flu-like" manner.

If all of the above are true for you, see a doctor to have your symptoms evaluated. If all of the above are not true, you should still have your symptoms evaluated by a doctor, but it is not likely that they are related to HIV infection.

RMK

Increased metaboism in ARS common?
ars sex drive